© 2021 Winans Inc. All rights reserved. Better Homes and Gardens® and the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Logo are registered services marks owned by Meredith Corporation and licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC. Winans Inc fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each franchise is independently owned and operated. Any services or products provided by independently owned and operated franchises are not provided by, affiliated with or related to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC nor any of its affiliated companies.
TREC Consumer Protection Notice | TREC Information About Brokerage Services | Web Design by MODassic
Considering a Career Change
Perhaps more than any other profession, real estate is the domain of the motivated entrepreneur. Real estate is led and dominated by people with talent, savvy, a commitment to personal service, and a need to succeed.
If doing things you enjoy each day and earning a great income while having control over your schedule and personal time equals a fabulous career to you, then you are in the right place. Explore the many tools on our site designed to help you make the right choices for your career.
Four Steps to Increase Your Success When Making a Career Change
- 1. Take a Look in the Mirror: If you’ve decided that it’s time for a career change but aren’t sure what direction to go in, start with some self-reflection. Evaluate your values, skills, personality, and interests. Think of your ideal day at work. What activities and tasks would excite you?
- 2. Match Them Up: Make a list of the professions that interest you and investigate them to see if they match up with the mirror test you gave yourself.
- 3. Research: Go on interviews and seek out people who are successful in those professions that you identified. The best source of information will come from people who have firsthand knowledge of the industry.
- 4. Develop a Plan: Once you’ve decided on your new career direction, you’ll need to develop a plan toward entering that profession. Write out exactly what you need to do, estimate the time frame for accomplishing these steps, and identify the related costs.
Do some research on becoming an agent now by trying our Real Estate Simulator, where you can:
- Play the role of an agent.
- Interact with virtual clients interested in buying or selling property.
- See how you measure up to the top performers in the industry.