Relocation Tips for Home Buyers and Sellers
A new home, a new city, new friends, maybe a new job – it’s exhilarating and overwhelming. Advanced planning and working with a Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Winans member and sales professional can help make your move organized and worry free. Let a Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Winans sales professional help you sell your current home and introduce you to someone who will help you get settled in your new community.
Your Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Winans sales professional offers:
- Our exclusive Home Marketing SystemTM and Home Buying SystemTM to help take the confusion out of relocating. These programs provide a comprehensive plan for selling and buying homes.
- Access to an international network of real estate brokers who offer personalized, quality service.
- A quick and easy way to help families find a home and settle anywhere in the country.
Becoming acquainted with your new community
- An information kit on your new community will be sent to you before your first trip to the area. The kit will include such things as maps, brochures, guides, information on housing prices, financing and more.
- Your new sales professional will follow-up to answer questions and arrange a date for a home finding visit.
Using Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Global Relocation Services
- Our referral service center spans the world serving more than 16,000 communities.
- Your local Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate sales professional will access our network to put you in touch with a select real estate company in your new community.
- Information about your move is transmitted to the sales professional in your new community.
- Your new sales professional will contact you to find out your preferences for type of home, neighborhood and proximity to your job, schools and services.
- We’ll provide details on the job market and special-interest activities to make sure your entire family is happy with the relocation.
House hunting in your new community
- To make every moment count when you arrive in the community to look for a new home, your sales professional will complete a considerable amount of advance work.
- You will receive a brief orientation to acquaint you with the area. Next, you will be shown selected homes based on your preferences of style, size and price range.
- Your sales professional will continue to work with you until you find the home you want.
- Once you have chosen a home, your sales professional can help you prequalify for a loan and arrange financing.
- You will also receive answers to your questions about buying a home and assistance with the many details involving the seller, the seller’s attorney or other real estate firms.
Service after relocation
- After you’ve moved, your sales professional will help you get settled, providing items such as change-of-address cards, voter registration information and forms for transferring records.
- Your sales professional knows where to go, how to get things done and who is reliable in your new community. He or she will answer questions about local services from daycare to doctors.
Adjustments to a new home and location are challenging. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Winans does everything possible to ease the way!